Rick Warren is his book, “The Purpose Driven Church”, challenges us to have vision for our community and in building a church. He encourages us to write down this vision, so people can run with it. Today, I share with you, my first draft. I have already shared this with my family and I will shortly share it with the young people of Lerryn and finally, I will share it with St Veep in the hope that they catch the vision and want to see the church grow. Not so we can boast at how big our church is, but so we can glorify God and make him look good.
- To see young people and families flock to Jesus
- To build a community of worshippers
- To build a church not scared to innovate, to change, and to experiment
- It will be an outdoor church, reflecting that we live in a beautiful part of England
- We will have campfire fellowship, serving tea from an open fire
- It will be an artistic church, encouraging folks to paint, to write poems, as part of worship
- It will be an eco-church, keeping Cornwall clean and joining in on initiatives to clean Lerryn
- We will tell stories as Jesus told stories
- We will develop a sense of wonder
- We will build a garden as a place of quiet, rest and retreat, to feed shattered lives with the peace of Jesus
- We will leave no one in isolation
- We won’t hurry, we will stroll and say Hi
A rough start. Please feel free to comment and visit, to see how we are going.